Back for 2022!
If you’ve got a green thumb, a sweet tooth, or a love of supporting local makers, you won’t want to miss GeNA’s upcoming 3-in-1 event on Saturday, May 21st, 2022.
Our 3rd Annual Sweets & Seeds event takes place at the Big Red Church (Gordon-King Memorial United Church, 127 Cobourg) from 10am to 2pm.
After a two-year hiatus, we think this year’s edition will be better than ever. The event includes:
Featuring cookies, cupcakes, savoury snacks and much more! The bake sale is our primary fundraiser for the year: all proceeds raised help pay for our insurance and help us hold fun events in the neighbourhood! Glenelm’s own John Russell Honey Company will be at the sale as well, and generously donating profits from their sales to GeNA. Bring cash!
WANT TO HELP? We are looking for bakers who would be willing to contribute some delicious treats for the bake table. If you’d like to donate some baked goods, please email email@example.com to be put in touch with our bake sale planning team.
Plant & Seed Swap
A great way to diversify your garden and meet fellow plant-lovers. Get creative! Whether it’s seeds, plants you’ve started, slips that are in water developing roots or bulbs, all are welcome.
Glenelm Makers’ Market
New for 2022, neighbourhood artisans will be selling their “made in Glenelm” creations. A raffle-style silent auction will also be held in support of GeNA.
Please bring cash; some makers may accept additional forms of payment.
Confirmed Makers (see this Sneak Peek for photos!):
- Prairie Girl Knits (Jamie Skinner): Hand-knit coffee cup cozies and hand-knit reusable water balloons.
- Salt Box Vintage (Jackie van Leeuwen): All kinds of vintage items, from suitcases to basket lamps to doll furniture, etc.
- Candace Propp Jewellery: Jewellery made with sea glass, rocks, wood and other natural elements.]
- Savoir Faire Market Place (Deborah Wazny): Barn board items such as frames, chalk and magnet boards, bird houses & feeders, as well as wool items (mitts, headbands and leg warmers).
- It’s Time to Ride upCYCLED Decor (Jason White): Clocks, lamps, coat hooks, wall sconces out of old bicycle parts and reclaimed wood – usually old pallets.
- Chef Karen Peters: Biscotti, hummus and other delicacies
- Green Porch Vintage (Ramona Pauls): Upcycled vintage clothing and items
Last but not least…
If you still have room after partaking of the yummy bake sale offerings, PVG’s Street Eats food truck will be on site for lunch service.