It’s that time of the year again — let’s all bundle up, get outside and participate in GeNA’s 3rd annual Snow Sculpture Challenge!
This next Feb 1st, show us your best snow creations. All ages and skill levels are encouraged, and there are dozens of chances for you to win a prize just by participating! Plus, it’ll be lots of fun, we promise!
But I don’t know anything about snow sculpting!?
Like we’ve been saying for two years now, neither do we! The important thing is to get out there and have fun! All you need to get started is a little imagination and a block of snow, which is super simple to set up, as you can see from this short video we prepared:
Also, here are a few links to get you inspired:
- Check out a recap of our 2019 and 2018 events.
- How to build your own magical snow fort with tips from the experts
- Snow sculptures: get some fresh air and have some fun
- How to make a snow sculpture: easy snow sculpting ideas
- Set aside a few hours and Google “Snow Sculpture Ideas“!
What if I don’t have enough snow in my yard?
Make a smaller sculpture. Borrow some snow from (or team up with) your neighbours. Wheelbarrow some in from your back yard. Supplement with ice you froze in molds. Get creative — you can do this!
What if I am not available to sculpt on Feb 1st?
You can sculpt on any day (or days) you want! Just make sure you are finished by 2pm on Feb 1st, because that’s when our official photographer will be making rounds. And don’t forget to register your address to make sure we don’t miss your sculpture!
But how will my creative genius be recognized?
Simply having fun enjoying the great outdoors should be your primary goal, but we get it… prizes are pretty great too! We’ve got dozens of prizes to be chosen at random to receive awesome participation prizes, courtesy of our generous local business sponsors! Not to mention, photos of all entries will be featured in an online gallery on our website after the event, along with a walking-tour map of the neighbourhood sculptures.
Ok, I’m in! Front yard or back?
Front. It’ll be easier for the judges, plus you’ll get to chat with your neighbours while you create. Added bonus: the whole neighbourhood can then enjoy your masterpiece until the spring!
Participating is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Prepare your snow — as shown in the video, use wooden forms, cardboard boxes or simply gather snow into a big pile at least 3 days ahead of time (so it has time to set and harden). You can even print this poster and attach it to your box while the snow hardens to remind your neighbours to get out there and build their own! Make it as big (or as small) as you want to. Make one, or make several, whatever you need to bring your plans to life!
- Register your address using the form above so that we don’t miss your work of art.
- Get outside with your family and neighbours and sculpt away! Make sure to be finished by 2pm on Feb 1st.
Winners will be notified by email, and featured in our February newsletter.
Let’s have fun out there!!
Our Amazing Sponsors
GeNA warmly thanks our event sponsors for their generosity and commitment to our community! Please show them your support in return.