Agenda- Glenelm Neighbourhood Association 2017 AGM & Community Meeting
Our first GENA AGM will be taking place on Wednesday, January 25th, 7:30pm at Gordon King Memorial United Church.
(subject to minor changes; final version will be posted at the meeting entrance)
- Welcome, housekeeping and call to order
- Approval of agenda
- Board nominations from the floor
- Presentation of candidates for board positions of co-chair, secretary and treasurer
- Motion to elect candidates or ballot voting if necessary
- GENA financial update
- Adjournment of AGM business
- Community updates
- Meeting wrap-up
Candidates for GENA Board Elections
We asked the candidates to share (1) their name, (2) their top 3 reasons for wanting to serve on the GENA board, (3) their geographic location in the community, and (4) any previous board experience. Here are their responses.
For Co-Chair (2 positions):
1. David Pensato
2. (a) To be part of building on the strengths and future growth of our neighbourhood. (b) To become more familiar with and to build ties with my neighbours. (c) To help strengthen a sense of community in Glenelm among neighbours and businesses.
3. Hart Ave.
4. I am on the board of The Distillery Communications Pool LTD, and much of my professional work has included working with a variety of company and non-profit boards in the areas of strategic planning, public consultation, and outreach/communications.
- Emma Durand-Wood
- (a) to help build on the great work that’s been done previously by Glenelm residents (b) to develop stronger relationships with neighbours and other community groups, (c) to help keep Glenelm a wonderful place for people of all ages and walks of life
- Cobourg Ave.
- No board experience specifically, but I currently serve on the River East/Transcona Local Health Involvement Group, an advisory council that provides feedback and citizen input to the WRHA’s board of directors. I also served in various capacities on a library technicians’ association for several years.
- Shauna MacKinnon
- (a) To be sociable and meet my neighbors; (b) to help address identified issues and solutions (c) to give back to the community.
- Martin Avenue West
- I have no previous board experience; however, in my professional life I am a member of various committees and working groups.
- Rosalie Block
- (a) I want this committee to succeed as I feel it is a worthwhile cause. I am willing to put in time and effort to help make this a better community (b) I have always grown up that community is important (c) I have lived in the Glenelm Community for 24 years and plan on living here for many more years
- Martin Ave.
- I was a treasurer of the Woman’s Ministry at my Church for 5 years. I have also owned and operated my own business for many years