Friday, July 9th, 2021 is Front Yard Friday in Glenelm! At 6pm, eat supper in your front yard and connect with your neighbours at a safe distance.
Here are some ideas on how to participate!
- bring your BBQ out front and fire it up to make some supper
- set up a picnic on your lawn
- get take-out or delivery from one of Elmwood’s wonderful independent restaurants – who still need all the support they can get
- bring out a musical instrument and start a little jam session or porch concert
- create a chalk masterpiece on the sidewalk
- pick up any litter from the boulevard
Remember to always follow all public health guidelines! As rules have begun to loosen, it’s easy to forget the limits that are in place to protect one another. Be mindful that the goal of this event to is provide a safe and easy way to see our neighbours again while continuing to follow pandemic fundamentals, such as maximum gathering sizes, physical distancing, etc. So on Friday, July 9th, let’s have dinner together, apart!
Be creative, stay safe and have fun!