In light of this snowy little interruption to spring, we’re postponing the spring neighbourhood cleanup that was scheduled for this coming Saturday. The new date will be Saturday, May 6th. Keep your fingers crossed that the ground is clear & dry by then! Get event details here: https://www.glenelm.ca/cleanup/
On May 12th, we’re hosting a town hall to have a conversation about what climate change plans and actions are happening in Winnipeg, within the province, and nationally! We’ve even invited our elected officials from the three levels of government to join in the conversation with us, and to share their level of commitment to climate action! Come and join us with your questions, comments and encouragements as we examine the path to Net Zero by 2050!
See you at 7:30pm on May 12th at The Big Red Church, 127 Cobourg Ave.
We are so excited about the huge roster of upcoming events this spring and summer – brought to you by GeNA and our neighbourhood partners and friends! Watch your mailbox for a handy flyer version you can put on your fridge, and we will send out event details via email/website as they become available.
April 29: Glenelm Trivia Night
May 6: Spring Cleanup
May 12: Glenelm Climate Action Town Hall
May 20: Sweets & Seeds
June 1: Glenelm School BBQ
June 3: Glenelm Neighbourhood Garage Sale Day
June 10: Happy Days on Henderson
July 7: Elmwood Night Market #1
July 15: Meandering Music #1
Aug 12: Meandering Music #2
Aug 25: Elmwood Night Market #2
Sept 2: Movie in the Park
Sept 10: Glenelm Picnic in the Park
Can’t wait to see you there!
Come one, come all to our first-ever Glenelm Trivia Night!!
Come join the Glenelm Neighbourhood Association and Quizmasters for a night of fun, laughter, and community building as we celebrate the changing of seasons and raise money to improve our community. Funds raised will support neighbourhood activities and beautification, including tree protection and planting, garden and park improvement, and other neighbourhood events.
Register as an individual or bring your friends to make a team (teams of 8 are best)! Check out this QuizMasters video for more information on Trivia Nights and how they work.
Come visit with your neighbours, make some new friends, and have a great time!
Questions? We have answers!
- Do I need to have a team to participate? No! If you come with a friend or a group that’s great, but anyone who comes without a full team will be paired up so we can get to know our neighbours and have a great evening together!
- What if I don’t have a team? Or what if I only have part of a team? No worries! We’ll join you up with another group when you arrive. Just make sure to be there by 7:15pm at the latest!
- Will there be snacks? We’ll have a few light refreshments, but definitely eat dinner before you come!
- Do I need to bring cash? If you want to participate in the 50/50 raffle, please do! Tickets will be $2 each or 3 for $5.
- Do I need to live/know someone who lives in Glenelm to participate? No! We welcome anyone who wants to come hangout with our amazing neighbours!.
We hope to see you there.
Doors open at 7pm. We ask that everyone arrive by 7:15pm so we can organize teams and tables. Trivia begins at 7:30pm!
Tickets for purchase & information here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/glenelm-trivia-night-tickets-602819668857