Do you have an eye for capturing our picturesque neighbourhood? Want to share your images with the community? GeNA invites all residents to contribute photos to include on our website. Here are some examples of the types of photos we’re looking for:
- Pictures of Elmwood (Roxy) Park
- Pictures of Hespeler Park
- Pictures of trees and street scenes
- Pictures of community events
- Historical pictures
- Pictures from each season
If you’re willing to give permission to the Glenelm Neighbourhood Association to use your photos, send them to email@example.com. We can’t guarantee that all photos will be used, but appreciate all submissions.
(photo credit: Jean-Pierre Brungs)
GeNA held a successful inaugural AGM on Wednesday, January 25th. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Our new board was elected: co-chairs David Pensato and Emma Durand-Wood, secretary Shauna MacKinnon, and treasurer Rosalie Block
- Brock Feenstra shared an update on the progress of the Glenelm and Chalmers Local Area Plan project: residents will have opportunity to provide feedback during the development of a neighbourhood background study to be presented to city council, with the support of the municipal planning department.
- Dale Karasiak brought greetings from the Chalmers Neighbourhood Renewal Association and told us about CNRC’s efforts to negotiate a plan to revitalize the former gas station site/empty lot at the corner of Henderson and Johnson.
- Kara Plett invited anyone with a home business in Glenelm to submit their details to be listed in a directory on the glenelm.ca website. (Email details firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Arlene Reid shared a bunch of upcoming events in Glenelm and surrounding area.
- David Pensato unveiled the brand-new GeNA website (glenelm.ca) and Emma Durand-Wood shared that GeNA has published four newsletters since October 2016, and our mailing list has 84 subscribers (February 22nd update: now at over 100!)
- Emma Durand-Wood gave an update on the “Welcome to Glenelm” sign project on behalf of Joanne Cerilli. About 1/3 of the neighbourhood has been canvassed and about 1/3 of the funds required for our maintenance reserve have been secured. A further $80 was donated to the fund at the AGM – thank you to all who chipped in!
- Shauna MacKinnon invited interested residents to join GeNA’s Safety Committee to explore how to make our neighbourhood a safer place.
- In a highly unscientific poll, attendees named Jo-Ann Paddock’s oatmeal coconut chocolate chip cookies the winner of the cookie table.
The Herald gave us some great media coverage as well: this article is subscriber-only, but worth a read if you can access it! Glenelm residents gather together – Dylon Martin, February 3rd, 2017.
Gordon King Memorial United Church is holding a free pancake supper on Tuesday, February 28th from 5-7pm.
Everyone is welcome, and pancakes, sausages, and drinks will be served.
Silver donations gratefully accepted.
(photo credit: Ornella Binni)
GENA is excited to be supporting the 3rd Annual Elmwood Winter Fun Day, being held on Saturday, February 25th , 1:30-4:30pm at Clara Hughes Recreation Park, 281 Henderson Hwy. Hope to see lots of you there!
(photo credit: Jesse Orrico)