Welcome to Glenelm
Welcome to Glenelm, a very special neighbourhood that's one of Winnipeg's best-kept secrets! Nestled between the Red River and Henderson Hwy, our neighbourhood is full of beautiful spaces, caring neighbours, and rich history. Whether you live here now or are considering a move into our area, the Glenelm Neighbourhood Association welcomes you and invites you to learn more about our neck of the woods and the great things going on here.
The Glenelm Neighbourhood Association (GeNA) is made up of a committee of volunteers, which includes a small board. Our executive board members are:
- Co-Chairs: David Pensato & Emma Durand-Wood
- Secretary: Shauna MacKinnon
- Treasurer: Rosalie Block
Get in touch with us by filling out the contact form here.
(Read more about GeNA and its history here)
When the Glenelm Neighbourhood Association (GeNA) asked residents how we could best serve the neighbourhood, the priorities overwhelmingly fell into three categories:
- Growing and promoting a sense of community and connectedness
- Increasing safety and reducing crime
- Preserving and improving the physical character and infrastructure of Glenelm
A tall order, but we're up to the challenge! Plans are underway for projects and initiatives in each of these areas. Sign up for our email newsletter to learn about what we're doing and how you can get involved.
Want to get involved with the Glenelm Neighbourhood Association? Here are a few options:
- Sign up for our email newsletter, Glenelm Community News
- Come to our community meetings and AGMs
- Attend one of our committee meetings. We have a group of "core organizers" who meet on a regular basis (usually once a month), to share news and ideas for projects, organize events, and do other association work. Meetings are generally held in the evenings at Gordon King Memorial United Church. Contact us to find out when we meet next.
- Volunteer for a sub-committee or special event. We strive to match people to the projects and issues that are important to them. Whether it's increasing safety, improving our parks, or planning events, there are lots of ways to share your time and skills.
Contact GeNA for more information.